The Sweetie Tree

The Sweetie Tree
Every little persons dream!

Friday 3 February 2012

Back to the 'Blog'stone!

The end of the week at last!
And what a week!
Had a lovely house guest this week.....Mrs vomiting bug! Don't you just love her!She kindly sprinkled her germs around until everyone was queueing up at the bathroom! Our one and only bathroom! ekk! Anyway, week over, tummy still in a delicate state but I live in hope to have my weekly brownie fix tomorrow (have replenished stores at the very scrummy www.bakedinbelfast.com and look forward to my tummy not protesting too much when I have my wee cupa and brownie tomorrow!)
Alas I didn't get much drawing done this week, but I did manage to attend my showcase meeting with the guys from Belfast's Victoria Square variety market and I am happy to say Smudge Illustration https://www.facebook.com/SmudgeIllustration will be selling at their Sunday fayre market in the very near future! Am very excited ...big squeal!

I never once envisaged myself as a market trader... a real eastender like! it's not something I've ever thought about and low and behold it's happening...and I love it! Before Christmas I tested my Smudge Illustrations on the unsuspecting crowds at Belfast's St Georges market and it was great! The 5am starts,( not forgetting to write my name on 'the list', a tradition spanning many decades that prevents stampeding when the doors open!), queueing up for hours in the freezing cold to get a stall and the lugging of  heavy boxes in and out of my car was a little bit  'rubbish'. However , I absolutely loved everything else! Especially the lovely people I meet who made those long hours in the frosty mornings seem like only minutes....Andrea, quite possibly the best maker of mint chocolate cupcakes ...in the World!! was so lovely...You have to taste her creations https://www.facebook.com/#!/sugarmamasni and then very coincidentally I was in front of local Children's Picture Book Author, Oonagh Lynch, who filled me in on how she managed to get her story from her notebook into print! Check out Joseph, a very hairy shark, a heart warming, funny tale about an inventing shark!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Joseph-The-Hairy-Shark/211766425561862.
Anyway, looking forward to feeling like my old (not that old!) self again and getting more pictures done. Here's a textile I finished right before Mrs tummy bug arrived!
She's called button owl! 
On a final note, I have to mention my good friend Avril, who I met for a cupa today....she blogs about affordable fashion for mum's, she's brilliant!!... check out her blog schoolgatestyle.blogspot.com She reminded me I should be blogging, hence my return to blogger after a little sabbatical, so thanks Avril!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Ciara ;)

ps my spell checker on the blink so sorry for any typos!

No comments:

Post a Comment