The Sweetie Tree

The Sweetie Tree
Every little persons dream!

Monday 6 February 2012

The Dog ate my Homework!

Monday morning again and what a beautiful day! Sun is shining, no rain (for a change) ....a great start to the week!
Have been working on some wet felting this weekend....


.......that's where you take woollen fibres, mix different colours together, wet them , then agitate them so they stick together.
I like to create landscapes from the wool as I feel the texture of the wool, gives the picture a sense of being outside, being blown about by the elements! Have a look at some of my mini landscapes, a series called 'the little stone wall'.

All the pebbles have been collected from the shores of Belfast lough and I have included some grazing sheep to complete my 'woolie' pictures! I will be framing them this week and selling them at Belfast's Victoria Square variety market this Sunday 12th Feb 12.30 - 5.30.

During the course of the weekend I discovered that my very naughty cavalier king Charles pup, Toffee took a fancy to my materials! I found her wolfing down some wool from one of my pictures!

Bumped into my author friend Oonagh Lynch at St George's Market on Sunday...check out her brilliant stall and book, Joseph the Hairy Shark.https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Joseph-The-Hairy-Shark/211766425561862
Have a busy week ahead...getting ready for Sunday's market.....very excited!

Have a great Monday!

Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment