The Sweetie Tree

The Sweetie Tree
Every little persons dream!

Monday 6 February 2012

Scrabo tower...wet felting

My brilliant sister Nikki (who is an art teacher, gave me a quick demonstration on how to wet felt....8 years ago! I remember trying it out at the time and having lots of fun experimenting with different coloured wools. So recently, while rummaging in the attic, I came across my really big bag of wool and I simply had to start felting again. Now truth be told, I'm not much good at it! I have seen lots of beautiful felts made by crafters on the net, mine, I'm afraid , is very very , amateurish.
So I reacquainted myself with wet felting techniques on the net and discovered I had none of the tools needed...the bamboo mat, mesh and the soap flakes...so I improvised...good old fairy liquid and a piece of bubble wrap and I was good to go :0{ ish! Here's a little 'picture' story of how my landscape turned out....

The big bag of wool!

Layering of the wool


Layering in the opposite direction


More colours!


Soak in warm water and soap bubbles!


Roll it up in the bubble wrap, squish it about a bit until the fibres blend together


Ta da!

I know, it doesn't look like much!
 Let it dry out and then sew, embellish and you get.......
An impressionistic Scrabo tower! (ie it looks better from a distance lol!)


 My little felting buddies today!


More ramblings later in the week! Have a good Monday!

Ciara :)



No comments:

Post a Comment